Jie Xiu’s practice focuses on corporate, securities, mergers and acquisitions and a broad range of business and commercial matters. Jie represents complex, high- profile M&A and securities offering projects across the globe, including East and Southeast Asia, Europe and North America. Representative clients include multinational corporations and high-net-worth individuals in transactions ranging from billion-dollar M&A transactions to start-up financings.
She also represents a large number of Chinese companies in their listings on NASDAQ, NYSE and OTC Markets through IPO and RTO, in their public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, M&A transactions and compliance with securities laws.
Her client base encompasses various industries including telecommunications, manufacturing, consumer products, real estate, retail and fashion, education, advertising, investment banking, financial services, pharmaceutical and biotech, energy and maritime industry. Prior to joining the firm, Jie was counsel at a major international law firm.
- Represented major shareholders of a radiotherapy and diagnostic imaging equipment manufacturer in their $119.50 million initial public offering.
- Represented a specialty biopharmaceutical company in its $75 million initial public offering.
- Represented a multinational Canadian company in its issuance of over $1 billion notes and term loans.
- Represented a private equity fund in its $150 million private placement.
- Represented one of the largest U.S. state pension funds in its $100 million investment in an Asian private equity fund.
- Represented China and the world’s largest railcar manufacturer in its successful bidding of $560 million subway vehicle supply contract for the city of Boston and the building of its first factory in North America.
- Represented a Chinese real estate conglomerate in its transaction with a major U.S. Hollywood movie studio to build its first theme park in mainland, China.
- Represented major Chinese real estate developers in their real estate investments and development projects across the United States.
- Represented an Indian conglomerate to acquire Digital Domain, an Oscar-winning visual effects studio which produced digital effects for movies such as Titanic, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Men and Iron Man film series.
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions between major pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the U.S. and China.
- Represented a large number of Chinese companies in their IPOs, reverse mergers and PIPE offerings in the U.S.
- Advise clients on 1934 Securities Exchange Act reporting, including the filing of Form 10-Ks, Form 10-Qs, Form 8-Ks, proxies and planning for annual shareholder meetings.
- Ongoing representation of U.S. public companies in its corporate governance and NYSE and NASDAQ Market compliance.
- Work closely with litigation teams in litigation prevention and risk management for corporate transactions, as well as in mapping out important litigation strategies for our corporate clients.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- New York “Rising Star” from 2011 to 2016 in the Corporate and Business section by Super Lawyer Magazine, a Thomson Reuters Service.
- “Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area” in the Merger and Acquisition section by Super Lawyer Magazine, New York Times Magazine 2012-2016 special supplement issues.
- 2014 Awardee of the Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Awards, a most prestigious and still the only forum to highlight the achievements of Asian Americans across the United States.
- Board Director, Head of the Securities and Commercial Law Group, and Chairwoman of the Nomination and Election Committee of the Asian Financial Society (“AFS”), a non-profit organization founded in 1984 with over 4,000 Wall Street financial professional members.
- The first recipient of the Outstanding Contribution to AFS Board Award, which recognizes special contribution by the AFS Board members to AFS.