Hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters are commonly found in force majeure clauses, however, global pandemics are often left out. Join us for a live, in-depth discussion on this topic Thursday, April 23, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Becker attorneys will examine force majeure from a broad perspective, discussing how the clause affects players in the real estate, community association, and construction industries, as well as what it takes to employ force majeure as a defense to a contract claim.
Among the questions we’ll address include:
- How does the force majeure clause work in leases and contracts?
- Are there special considerations for construction contracts?
- Does force majeure apply to community association contracts?
- What does it take to employ force majeure as a defense to a contract claim?
- How can someone defeat a force majeure defense?
Thursday, April 23
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST