Handy tips for property owners, landlords, property managers, developers, real estate agents, community associations, and business owners:
- Business owners of public accommodations, such as restaurants, hotels and stores, are not required to allow emotional support animals but they are required to allow service animals.
- The type of information needed to request a service animal or emotional support animal is very specific.
- A “no pet” policy may not be enforceable if there is a request for an emotional support or service animal.
- A service animal must have certain skills or training related to the handicap or disability.
- An emotional support animal is not required to have special skills or training.
- A pet deposit or surcharge is not permissible, even if routinely charged.
Do you know how to properly handle requests for service or emotional support animals? Are your employees properly trained? Is your employee handbook in compliance with these laws? For answers to these questions or for more information contact Becker attorneys Tyra N. Read or JoAnn Nesta Burnett.