We advise foreign clients with interests in the United States, U.S.-based clients with interests abroad, and foreign and domestic partners in cross-border trade and joint ventures. More specifically, our clients include foreign corporations, international subsidiaries, U.S. firms, foreign and domestic governments, venture funds and emerging businesses, investment funds, tax-exempt organizations, corporate boards, executives, and entrepreneurs. The firm provides sophisticated counsel on corporate and regulatory law, as well as on all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution.
In addition to first-hand experience with and detailed knowledge of foreign legal and regulatory regimes, attorneys in Becker’s International Practice are knowledgeable about foreign cultures and languages. Our attorneys have studied, lived, and practiced in countries around the world, which greatly enhances the firm’s capacity to operate effectively abroad.
- Corporate. Becker attorneys complete major international corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and sales, joint ventures, “going private” transactions, public auctions and tender offers, technology and licensing agreements, secured and unsecured loans, and dealership, franchise, partnership agreements as well as other cross-border deals.
- Securities. Becker represents clients in capital-raising activities in the U.S. and abroad, including initial and alternative public offerings, private equity and debt offerings, offerings of high-yield debt and rated securities, private placement of debt, equity and hybrid securities, shelf takedowns, secondary underwritten offerings, ATM offerings, PIPEs, and other offerings. We also advise clients on compliance matters with respect to registration, stock exchange listings, periodic filings, proxy statements, securities arbitrations, and investigations.
- Government Relations. Becker Public Strategies, the firm’s bipartisan government relations agency, offers the full complement of government affairs services, including legislative and executive branch advocacy, policy analysis, government procurement assistance, and crisis management. Members of the group have held high-level positions in both Republican and Democratic administrations, worked for members of Congress, and staffed presidential and gubernatorial transition teams.
- Litigation. Becker is a renowned business litigation firm. Our members have successfully represented domestic and international clients for more than 40 years and appear in courts around the world on a daily basis. We handle disputes in areas such as antitrust, intellectual property, product liability, securities, professional liability, government investigations, criminal defense, tax, and bankruptcy. We also have extensive experience with global insurance coverage and subrogation/recovery.
- Private Client Services. Becker assists high net worth individuals and families with connections to multiple jurisdictions with all aspects of their cross-border income, estate, and gift tax planning. We help clients create structures to achieve their personal wealth transfer objectives while maintaining privacy and minimizing taxes.
Europe & Latin America Practice Group Lead
Gabriel Monzon Cortarelli