Adam K. Gallagher is a business litigation associate specializing in insurance coverage, shareholder disputes, and complex litigation. He also has experience analyzing insurance coverage portfolios for businesses with the goal of identifying gaps in coverage, excessive coverage, and areas where a business is under-insured.
Adam is experienced litigating a wide range of cases including general liability, commercial motor vehicle, New York Labor Law, and employment defense. He also has experience defending environmental matters involving potentially responsible parties. Prior to entering private practice, Adam served as a law clerk in the New Jersey Judiciary.
Adam graduated at the top of his class at New York Law School while working full time for a mid-size regional insurance defense firm where he gained exposure to litigating professional malpractice, wrongful death, and high exposure injury cases.
- Handles complex commercial matters including policyholder insurance coverage disputes arising out of defective large scale multi-million dollar construction claims, employment dispute claims, and error and omission claims against condominium boards.
- Handles matters based in securities fraud claims against a former executive of a company, breach of contract, construction defect for large scale condominium construction defects, in addition to breach of contract claim where veil piercing is pursued.
- Communicates directly with clients relating to case strategy, motion practice, discovery, and settlement.
- Attends case management and discovery conferences.
- Attends and arguing oral arguments for contested motions.
- Negotiates resolution of motions.
- Attending and conducting depositions of plaintiffs, co-defendants, and non-party witnesses including experts.
- Drafts discovery and dispositive motions.
- Participates as lead counsel in mediations.
- Drafts and reviewing discovery demands and responses.
- Drafts discovery and dispositive motion briefs, and appellate briefs.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Saint Catharine’s Parish, Lector, July 2007 – present
- Author, “The Cheshire Cat and Insurance Carriers,” Today’s General Counsel, June 28, 2023.