Brian Daughney represents issuers and investors in a wide range of corporate transactions including securities offerings, seed capital offerings, venture capital financings and other forms of private equity investment, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and recapitalizations and spin-outs. Brian also advises clients on general corporate, securities compliance and reporting matters.
Brian represents private companies and public companies as buyers and sellers in mergers, tender offers and asset and stock transactions. His approach is to serve as general counsel and trusted advisor to his clients, assisting them in numerous legal and business matters and situations, and believes that his clients benefit from his multi-practice-area experience.
He has represented broker-dealer firms for over twenty years, including formation, FINRA and SEC regulatory issues and as placement agent in private placement offerings under Regulation D and as underwriters in underwritten offerings. In connection with financing transactions, Brian has extensive experience representing both issuer and founders on the one hand and investors and placement agents on the other hand and as a result understands deals from the perspective of each party, making him a skilled and effective negotiator for his clients.
Brian provides expertise and advise to his clients in public and private securities offerings including initial and secondary offerings of equity and convertible securities, rights offerings and shelf registrations. He has substantial experience with investment funds and private equity funds, and regularly advises hedge funds and venture capital funds on matters ranging from fund formation, organizational structuring, and regulatory compliance to individual transaction representation, restructurings and asset management.
- Currently assisting a client in the aviation industry in connection with a re-financing and corporate re-structuring of a corporate family of related entities and assets with financing facilities from three separate lenders with an aggregate funding of approximately $75 million
- Represented a private company and its founder in connection with a private equity firm investment with a valuation of $60 million, which transaction required a complicated corporate re-structuring and conversion from an LLC to a C corp.
- Acted as lead transactional counsel in a reverse merger between a publicly traded OTC client and a private company, and in recognition of the expertise of Brian and the firm representing the sell side, the post sale management team retained Brian and the firm in its corporate and regulatory matters.
- Assisted several broker-dealer clients obtain registration as broker-dealers in Israel.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Brian is a member of the American Bar Association, Middle Market and FINRA Broker-Dealer Committees. He is also a member of the informal bar practice group – New York/Washington Broker-Dealer Group – which is comprised of leading broker-dealer and investment advisor counsel.
- Brian has served as Mayor of the Village of Garden City, New York since April, 2017 and prior to serving as Mayor, served as a Village Trustee for 7 prior years. In 2019, Brian was selected as a Pineapple Ball Honoree by the Garden City Chamber of Commerce, receiving the “Citizen of the Year” award for his outstanding service to the community. He also proudly serves as a coach for his son’s travel baseball team and his daughter’s soccer team.