Darren Goldman is a Senior Attorney in Becker’s Business Litigation Practice. He is a seasoned litigator with experience in trial and appellate courts at both the state and federal level, including matters involving complex commercial disputes, structured finance, constitutional law, bankruptcy, and municipal restructuring.
Prior to joining Becker, Darren served as a law clerk to the Honorable Juan R. Torruella of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and to the Honorable William E. Smith of the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. He was also an associate at a prominent international law firm.
- Represented one of the largest financial institutions in the world against Wall Street sponsors of residential mortgage-backed securities, achieving a settlement in the mid-nine figures.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of creditors with holdings in excess of $2 billion in Puerto Rico bonds, achieving a recovery of over ninety cents on the dollar in one of the first uses of Title III of the Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA).
- Represented trustees and investors seeking recovery for breaches of representations and warranties.
- John Sullivan, Michael Planell, & Darren Goldman, The FDA and the Regulation of Social Media, CORP. COUNS., June 27, 2012, available here
- Darren M. Goldman, Note, Resolving a Three-Way Circuit Split: Why Unauthorized Rental Drivers Should Be Denied Fourth Amendment Standing, 89 B.U. L. REV. 1687 (2009)