David Blattner has over 25 years of experience in complex real estate transactions, concentrating on acquisitions and financing and development of large-scale shopping centers, office buildings and executive parks, marinas, warehouse, flex projects, hotels, single-family and multi-family residential developments and condominiums. Passionate about “green urbanism,” David is a member of the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Sustainability Advisory Board, whose goal is to identify and make recommendations that establish the City as a leader in environmental sustainability.
David represents a wide range of clients throughout Florida, the U.S., Canada, South America and Asia. His clients include: developers, multinational corporations, domestic corporations, banks and other financial institutions, condominium and homeowner’s associations, property management companies and landlords and tenants.
A large number of David’s clients have been with him his entire career: “I have been fortunate to enjoy close and long lasting relationships with my clients. Perhaps this is because I like to take a holistic approach in my work for them. I don’t just focus on the narrow legal issues but look at the broader context of the business and what is going to help make it successful. This is an approach which I think makes for better deals but more importantly I get my greatest satisfaction from contributing to my clients’ success.”
- Representation of owners of the largest independent used-car dealership in the U.S. in the purchase of a $17.36 million waterfront residential property in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Handled closing for the 27-room, 17,000 sq. foot property which was the most expensive single-family home transaction in the city over the previous 18 months.
- Assists with the negotiation and closing of significant credit facilities for the acquisition and construction of all types of real estate projects including revolving and term loans, working capital lines of credit, and other real estate and asset based loans.
- Handles work outs and loan modifications for both lenders and borrowers and has been involved in asset management and REO with multiple lending institutions and on behalf of owners and developers.
- As developer’s counsel, works with his clients to obtain debt and equity financing, including syndication of properties, 1031 exchanges and tax exempt financing.
- As a niche area, has represented funeral homes and cemeteries assisting them in the acquisition and disposition of properties as well as the licensing of funeral homes and cemeteries with the Florida Board of Funeral and Cemetery Services. He has represented licensees in disciplinary matters before the state agencies.
- Martindale Hubbell A.V. rated real estate, banking and business attorney
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- City of Fort Lauderdale Sustainability Advisory Board (2021-Present)
- Beth Ahm Israel Synagogue, President (2007-2008)
- United Way of Broward County, Board of Directors (1996-2004), Board Chair (2002), Campaign Chair (2000), Allocations Chair (1996-2000)
- Winterfest Boat Parade, Board of Directors (1993-1998), President/Chair (1995-1996), General Counsel (1993-1994)
- Graduate of Leadership Ft. Lauderdale and Leadership Broward