Ms. Nolan is an attorney and certified land planner in the Firm’s Government Law & Lobbying Group who concentrates her practice on all aspects of local government issues. As an experienced land use and zoning attorney/land planner, Ms. Nolan concentrates her practice on all aspects of local government issues with a focus on large scale public sector projects from site acquisition, due diligence, site design, and governmental entitlements through to permitting and construction.
She is also involved in local infrastructure projects including water reclamation and transit oriented projects for public and private sector clients.
Ms. Nolan has appeared before state, regional and local bodies on virtually all land use matters including:
- Drafting ordinances and resolutions on a wide range of infrastructure related topics including Florida friendly landscape ordinances, water and wastewater impact fees, water restriction ordinances, and mandatory reuse zones.
- Variance approvals
- Conditional uses approval and special exception approvals
- Site plan approvals
- Comprehensive Plans Map and Text Amendments,
- Developing and adoption zoning codes including form-based codes
Ms. Nolan’s experience includes 10 years working as a certified planner for the Town of Davie, City of Sunrise, and City of Greenacres. In that capacity, she managed all aspects of various land development projects, both large and small. As a certified planner, (AICP), Ms. Nolan can testify as an expert witness on land use and zoning issues.
Ms. Nolan was also an Associate Professor at Florida Atlantic University where she taught “Legal Aspects of Planning” to Masters in Urban and Regional Planning students.
- Consulted on the acquisition of a water and wastewater facility including preparing request for production of necessary due diligence documentation and drafting of initial contract for sale
- Facilitated the surplussing of State owned land through the Cabinet process for purchase by a local government
- Coordinated with University of Florida on leases and easements necessary to off-site wells and transmission lines
- Worked with a Utility Department on the planning, design, construction and funding of a reverse osmosis Floridan aquifer water, wastewater and reuse facility
- Drafted code of ordinances requiring water conservation mechanism as well as water conservation tiered pricing ordinances, including working with the engineers on the supporting studies
- Drafted and negotiated water reuse agreements and establishment of mandatory reuse zones
- TM Residential, LLC:
- Processed through to approval large scale land use plan amendments, rezonings, and site plans
- Represented client before the Department of Community Affairs, Broward County, South Florida Regional Planning Council, and local governments
- Prepared due diligence reports for land development acquisitions
- Worked with Federal government on the surplus of land for other beneficial uses.
- Davie CRA:
- Facilitated two large scale master redevelopment plans located within established Community Redevelopment Areas coordinating land use and transportation issues.
- Preparation of the required studies and findings to support eminent domain action by local government
- Kennedy Homes:
- Large scale land use plan amendment, site plan and rezoning projects including the preparation of interlocal agreements, developer agreements, and other intergovernmental agreements
- Assisted in consultant selection and contact negotiations for all levels of engineering and planning work for local government
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- ULI Infrastructure Committee – Chair
- Vice Chair of the South Florida Community Land Trust, a 501(c)3 dedicated to providing affordable housing and sustainable communities throughout south Florida.
- Board member Davie Area Land Trust, a 501(c) 3 dedicated to providing assistance to existing agricultural property owners
- Graduate of Leadership Broward class of 28
- Former Board member, the Junior League of Fort Lauderdale; current sustaining member
- American Institute of Certified Planners, AICP
- American Planning Association (APA), Florida APA, and Broward APA