Jason King is a Government Relations Consultant in Becker’s Government Law and Lobbying Practice. He has extensive experience working in government affairs, having served in municipal government since 2018 as Legislative Affairs Manager for the City of Delray and Assistant to the City Manager for the City of Homestead. He was also formerly the principal South Florida lobbyist for AIDS Healthcare Foundation where he engaged in strategic advocacy and lobbying efforts in Tallahassee, Washington, D.C., California, and New York.
Mr. King has led the successful campaigns of a City Mayor and School Board Trustee and has held numerous leadership positions in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area. He is a current member of the City of Oakland Park Planning & Zoning Board and previously served as the Ft. Lauderdale District 2 Appointee of the Charter Revision Board, as a voting member of the Broward County HIV Health Services Planning Council, and a board member of the City of Ft. Lauderdale Community Services Board.
- S.A.V.E., Luminary Award, 2016
- ADAP Advocacy Association, Emerging Leader of the Year Award, 2011
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITES
- City of Oakland Park Planning & Zoning Board, Member, 2021 – present
- Charter Revision Board, Fort Lauderdale District 2 Appointee, Voting Board Member, 2017 – 2019
- Broward County HIV Health Services Planning Council, Voting Member, 2016-2017
- City of Fort Lauderdale Community Services Board, Board Member, 2013-2017
- World AIDS Museum, Board Chair, 2015
- S.A.V.E., Guardians Member, 2015-2018
- South Florida AIDS Network, Member, 2010-2018