As a land-use attorney, Jeremy assists in guiding developers, business owners and Homeowners’ Associations through the multifaceted approval process with issues such as site-plan approvals, re-zonings, variances, special exceptions and conditional use permits; Land Use Due diligence reports; Developer Agreements and local government negotiations; platting and plat note amendments, drafting covenants and easements, concurrency and vested rights analyses, Zoning Opinion Letters for lenders, and code enforcement hearings. With knowledge of the complex governmental procurement process, including responding to Requests for Proposals (RFP), he assists in production from the early stages of team-building through project submittals and presentations to final selection and negotiation. He has experience collaborating with various stakeholders, governmental entities, institutions, lobbyists, experts and interest groups.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeremy served as a Legislative Aide for State Senator Eleanor Sobel. In this capacity, he worked on and researched various public policy issues, including Medicaid Expansion, hospital & healthcare funding and the Certificate of Need process, K-12 and Higher Education issues, and state statutes relating to the Department of Children and Families & the foster care system. He also became intimately acquainted with Municipal Zoning issues related to Assisted Living Facilities, Community residential homes, and Sober Homes. Jeremy was instrumental in the acquisition of $200K in state appropriations for security needs for the JCC Maccabi Games which Broward County hosted in summer 2015.
- Represented large, multi-family residential developer on entitlements, zoning and site plan for a $15-million, mixed-use, 120-unit development in Town of Davie. Drafted multiple covenants running with the land. Negotiated with Davie and CRA on incentives and developer agreement.
- Represented a national Affordable Housing Developer on a site plan approval, rezoning, multiple variances, vacating easements, amending plat note, splitting parcel folio and establishing legal justification for why parcel should be considered phase two of the project — rather than as a new application — in Pembroke Pines.
- On behalf of a large Community Association in Boca Raton, negotiated with City of Boca Raton Planning and Zoning Board on restrictive covenant, zoning, entitlements and site plan to gain Board approval for construction of new clubhouse, office and maintenance buildings.
- Represented a self-storage company in Unincorporated Miami-Dade County on site plan approval, opinion of title and zoning opinion for lender. Negotiated with County on increased density as well as adding retail and residential to the project in addition to a reduced parking ratio.
- Successfully negotiated significant design modifications with a marina developer including reduction of length of finger piers, reduction of length of slips, and increase of setbacks during representation of multiple condo clients affected by proposed development.
- Negotiated a large settlement for condominium association that includes a high-six-figure monetary payment and multiple redesigns of a proposed development adjacent to condo community. Redesigns include increased setbacks, reduced traffic concerns, view-line preservation, construction-dust mitigation and crane replacement.
- Represented homeowner’s association in negotiations with Costco, which applied for land use adjacent to the community. Successfully negotiated major design modifications that remove loading from area adjacent to HOA. Developer payed for 14-foot wall running the length of the distance between parcels, traffic impacts, modifying ingress and egress and increased buffering.
- Represented condo client in negotiations with FPL for new easements and moving power lines to enable client to construct new clubhouse and maintenance building. Other issues involved parking variance, drafting covenant running with the land that restricts the use to residents and guests and provides that the association will pay for private pickup of solid waste.
- Negotiated on behalf of Brickell condo association over a signed settlement agreement with developer to support variance requests. Discussions involved ULDR application, City of Miami UDRB Warrant Application, site plan documents, staff comments, City of Miami staff and developer regarding the validity of settlement agreement and $200K owed to our client.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Board Member of Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Co-Chair of Broward Urban Land Institute Young Professionals
- Broward Young Democrats Treasurer
- Graduate of Leadership Hollywood Class 40
- Board Member of Hollywood Art & Culture Center Hot Bollywood Glam Event
- Member of Greater Miami Jewish Federation Emerging Jewish Advocates Committee
- Member Jewish Federation Broward Horizons Young Leaders program
- AIPAC Advocacy Training Academy, Member 2018
- Co-Chair of Broward County Washington University in St. Louis Alumni Committee
- Co-Chair of Broward County Bar Association Legislative committee
- Democratic Professionals Network Co-chair
- Member Broward League of Cities Youth Leadership Committee
- Broward Democratic Party Precinct Committeeman