Matthew’s practice is focused on commercial litigation, including intellectual property disputes. He has practiced in Japan and Italy, in addition to South Florida, and is familiar with handling complex jurisdictional and choice-of-law issues.
- Assisted multinational pharmaceutical company with management and transfer of Market Authorizations in context of demerger/spin-off.
- Won summary judgment for international religious organization charged with copyright infringement related to training materials.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict for Venezuelan record label in copyright infringement claim based on alleged breach of licensing agreement. Successfully upheld verdict on appeal.
- Represented Cuban-American academic charged with spying on behalf of Cuban government.
- Assisted Italian subsidiary of American company in implementing Organizational Model pursuant to Italian Law 231.
- Assisted international religious organization in dispute over discovery requests issued to its Italian branch by U.S. court.
- Defended seafood importer accused of mislabeling and importation violations.
- Defended executive charged with criminal and civil violations in context of government investigation into anti-competitive behavior in the marine hose industry.