Oliver Edwards VII assists corporate clients in a wide range of matters, including initial public offerings, mergers, acquisitions, securities compliance and reporting matters, trademark registration, distribution and licensing agreements, and the formation and dissolution of subsidiaries. His background includes negotiation of technology licensing, executive compensation, and confidentiality and non-competition agreements.
In addition, Mr. Edwards regularly works on financial transactions representing lenders in the drafting of loan agreements, intercreditor agreements, and different types of securities instruments, among other matters.
Mr. Edwards also has extensive experience with all stages of civil litigation, from initial negotiations to trial, judgment, and appeal. He has litigated trademark disputes, matters of real estate law, labor and employment disputes, securities disputes, partnership disputes, business and contract disputes, and more.
Prior to law school, Mr. Edwards worked as a paralegal in New York for the mergers and acquisitions and distressed debt groups. Later he was seconded to the principal investments group of Morgan Stanley & Co., Inc.
- Assisted a special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) with its initial public offering and Nasdaq listing, resulting in the issuer realizing over $50,000,000 of operating capital.
- Assisted with representation of a lender in an approximately $4 million loan to a green energy developer.
- Assisted at trial in the Southern District of New York, resulting in a favorable verdict for conversion of a cloud-based database and trademark infringement.
- Obtained partial summary judgment preserving the claims of a financial advisor and entrepreneur and dismissing key claims against her, resulting in the final settlement of a dispute litigated in three separate courts over seven years.
- Argued motions resulting in the eviction of a commercial tenant for its illegal renovations, and failure to pay court-ordered use and occupancy.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Mr. Edwards is a member of the New York City Bar Association. At Fordham Law, he was the Mediation Editor for the Dispute Resolution Society as well as a staff member at the Fordham Environmental Law Review, and placed second in the 2011 Regional Mediation Advocacy Competition. He was also a member of the Bowdoin Rowing Club.