Richard Cahan has a sophisticated corporate and transactional practice including asset and wealth preservation planning, utilization of various offshore and domestic planning vehicles for business and wealth preservation planning purposes. Mr. Cahan has a national and international reputation in representing a diverse array of clients in sophisticated asset protection and business planning matters.
Mr. Cahan has provided numerous lectures and seminars to professional organizations. His seminar presentations have been accredited for Continuing Professional Education credits in Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, Maryland, Virginia, District of Columbia, Texas and California. These lectures, seminars and presentations include the following:
- Offshore Investment Magazine, April 2016, “Puerto Rico Tax and Asset Protection Possibilities”.
- 19th World Offshore Convention, November 2012, Co-Chair and Speaker: “The Sounds of Motown and the Sixties – a Musical Guide to Asset Protection Planning”; “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in Asset Protection Planning”; “High Net Worth Family Planning”; “Offshore Financial Centers: The State and the Future of the Industry”.
- Offshore Investment Magazine, May 2012, “The Results are In – Preparation and Asset Protection Work”.
- Offshore Investment Magazine, April 2012, “This is Not a Theoretical World – Actual So.utions to Creditor Issues – Combined Aggressive Long-Term Asset Protection Planning With Legal Exemptions – An Example of Real World Results”.
- 18th World Offshore Convention, November 2011, “Recent Developments in Offshore Asset Protection Planning”; panelist “Family Wealth Planning and the Changing Dynamic of the Family Office”.
- Offshore Investment Magazine, May 2011, “A Beverly Hills Lunch with Mr. Hollywood: An Asset Protection Planner’s Dream”.
- 17th World Offshore Convention, November 2010, “Olmsted, et al v. Federal Trade Commission – U.S. Domestic Limited Liability Companies – Going, Going, Gone as an Asset Protection Vehicle; Travel Offshore and Create a Viable Asset Protection Solution.”; “High Net Worth Family Planning, The Rich Have Problems (Matrimonial, Spendthrift Children, Creditors, Second, Third and Fourth Spouses, etc.” – Real World Tested, Litigated and Successfully Sustained Offoshore Planning Alternatives when the Family Money is on the Line”.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Mr. Cahan is active in the American Bar Association, Commercial Law League of America, Florida Bar Association Real Property Trust Probate Section, Business Section and the International Law Section of the American Bar Association.