Sara K. Wilson has spent the last 15 years advising condominium, homeowners’, cooperative and timeshare associations throughout the state of Florida.
Earlier in her career, Sara served as an Assistant State Attorney with the Fifth Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office in Lake County and was Trial Court Staff Attorney for the Fifth Judicial Circuit where she performed extensive research and worked closely with both county and circuit court judges.
Sara has extensive experience reviewing and modifying contracts, drafting amendments to governing documents, preparing meeting packets, and providing guidance to her association clients on the day-to-day operations of the association. She handles covenant enforcement matters from demand letters to mediation offers and drafting of lawsuits to force owners to comply with the association’s governing documents. Sara assists associations with interpretation of their governing documents and provides opinions on maintenance obligations, property encumbrances and easements, budgetary and reserve issues, and many other areas of interest for an association.
In providing legal counsel to both residential and commercial association clients, Ms. Wilson:
- Provides interpretation and analysis of governing documents as well as drafts amendments and modifications to governing documents;
- Reviews and drafts contracts and addendums as well as assists clients with contract negotiations and related disputes;
- Provides guidance for covenant enforcement issues and drafts presuit demand letters and complaints;
- Gives legal advice to clients regarding day-to-day activities, disputes, and business typically handled by and between associations, Board members, owner/ members, developers, and vendors.
- Assists clients with preparing for Board and members’ meetings, including annual meetings.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers