Sarah Klein works with startups, established businesses, and broker-dealer clients on a wide range of corporate and securities matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, SEC disclosure and securities regulation, and FINRA arbitrations. Sarah also represents clients in a variety of civil litigation matters involving business and contract disputes, regulatory, and securities matters.
- Secured dismissal of a $9.9 million claim brought against a registered broker-dealer client by a former technology vendor in an American Arbitration Association (AAA) arbitration.
- Represented seller in corporate restructuring and sale of business to a private equity firm for $18 million.
- Obtained summary judgment victory for litigation client including a treble damages award under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act.
- Defense of a securities broker facing a serious fraud charge in connection with activities as a bond trader. Successfully opposed a motion for summary judgment in a regulatory proceeding allowing the matter to proceed to a final hearing where client is permitted to present evidence and witness testimony before an extended hearing panel.
- Lead Articles Editor, German Law Journal (2014-2015)
- Quarterfinalist, Robert J. Grey, Jr. Negotiations Competition (2013)
- Dean’s Advisory Group, Washington & Lee University School of Law (2012-2015)