Scott A. Marcus co-chairs the residential real estate division of the firm’s Real Estate practice group. With over twenty-five years of experience, he focuses his practice on both residential and commercial transactions ranging from the representation of high-net-worth individuals, including professional athletes in the purchase and sale of their properties, to land developers in large scale transactions across all asset classes.
Scott serves as the Director of Operations for Association Title Services, the firm’s title company. ATS provides real estate closing, title, and escrow services throughout the State of Florida and handles closings in all of Florida’s 67 counties. A member of the committee responsible for drafting the FAR/BAR Contract, Scott’s services are frequently sought out by some of the highest producing realtors in South Florida for their customers.
A regular lecturer and educator for real estate brokerage companies on contract-related compliance and changes, Scott is also a speaker for International Management Network (IMN) and the Miami New Construction Show. Scott is Peer Review Rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Directory.
Over Scott’s career he has handled in excess of 10,000 real estate closings totaling over four billion dollars in combined property value. Most notably:
- Representation of purchaser of a beachfront home for $17 million.
- Representation of seller of waterfront home for $12.5 million.
- Representation of seller of waterfront home for $6.8 million.
- Representation of a land developer in a multi-million dollar acquisition of a 25-acre parcel in Palm Beach County, Florida for the development of 130+ townhomes. Handled all contract drafting and negotiating, as well as all title insurance matters on the parcel.
- Representation of purchaser in a multi-million multi-lot land acquisition in Broward County.
- Representation of developer in the development and sale of 45 high-end single family homes on the west coast of Florida.
- Representation of developer in the development and sale of 100 single family homes on the west coast of Florida.
- Representation of a California investment group in multi-million dollar acquisition of a commercial property in Knoxville, Tennessee under long term lease with a popular breakfast restaurant.
- Representation of large fast-food franchisees with over 200 sites throughout the country in all day-to-day lease modifications and lease related questions and issues.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Scott is a member of the Florida Bar, a licensed real estate agent and member of the Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Division and Residential Real Estate & Industry Liaison (RREIL) Committee.