Scott A. Marcus has over twenty-five years of experience representing purchasers, sellers, landlords, and tenants of commercial properties over all asset classes, as well as developers in the acquisition of raw land and the subsequent entitlement and development process through to the sale of end units to third-party buyers. Scott also represents high-net-worth individuals, including professional athletes, in the purchase and sale of their residential properties.
Scott serves as the President of Becker Title, the firm’s title company. Becker Title provides real estate closing, title, and escrow services throughout the State of Florida and handles closings in all of Florida’s 67 counties. A member of the committee responsible for drafting the FAR/BAR Contract, Scott’s services are frequently sought out by some of the highest producing realtors in South Florida for their customers. In 2019, Scott was reappointed to the Florida Realtor-Attorney Joint Committee, representing the 4th Appellate District for another two-year term.
A regular lecturer and educator for real estate brokerage companies on contract-related compliance and changes, Scott is also a speaker for International Management Network (IMN) and the Miami New Construction Show. Scott is Peer Review Rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Directory.
Over Scott’s career he has handled in excess of 10,000 real estate closings totaling over four billion dollars in combined property value. Most notably:
- Counsel to a land developer in a multi-million dollar acquisition of a 25-acre parcel in Palm Beach County, Florida for the development of 130+ townhomes. Handled all contract drafting and negotiating, as well as all title insurance matters on the parcel.
- Counsel to a large fast-food franchisee with over 100 sites throughout the country in all day-to-day lease related issues.
- Counsel to purchaser of a $20 million multi-tenant shopping center in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- Counsel to a California investment group in multi-million dollar acquisition of a commercial property in Knoxville, Tennessee under long term lease with a popular breakfast restaurant.
- Counsel to purchaser of multiple quick service restaurants (QSRs) in Clayton County and Gwinnett County Georgia
- Counsel to a purchaser in a multi-million multi-lot land acquisition in Broward County.
- Counsel to a developer in the development and sale of 45 high-end single-family homes on the west coast of Florida.
- Counsel to a developer in the development and sale of 100 single family homes on the west coast of Florida.
- Counsel to a purchaser of a beachfront home for $17 million.
- Counsel to a seller of waterfront home for $12.5 million.
- Counsel to a seller of waterfront home for $6.8 million.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Scott is a member of the Florida Bar, a licensed real estate agent and member of the Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Division and Residential Real Estate & Industry Liaison (RREIL) Committee.