Shayla J. Mount is an Associate Attorney in Becker’s Community Association Practice Group. She focuses her practice on providing counsel and representation to homeowner and condominium associations throughout Central Florida. An experienced litigator, she has handled collections litigation and served as general legal counsel for numerous homeowner and condominium association boards throughout Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Duval, and Sarasota Counties. Shayla regularly advises association boards on issues regarding vendor contracts and disputes, document amendments, and covenant enforcement issues.
She also has substantial experience handling a variety of civil litigation issues including small business and contracting actions, foreclosure defense, real estate transactions, and insurance disputes.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- City of Orlando (FL) Civil Service Board Member, 2020 – present
- Orange County (FL) Nuisance Abatement Board Member, 2017 – present
- New Leaders Council, Orlando Fellow, 2017
- Orlando County Bar Association, 2014 – present
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Co-Chair Washington Shores Book Fair, 2020 – present