The COVID-19 virus has substantially impacted all types of community associations throughout Florida. From closing amenities, to limiting access by non-residents, taking in travelers from other parts of the country, including those deemed “hot spots”, and reacting to the endless flow of emergency and executive orders from the state, counties, and municipalities, associations across Florida have struggled to adapt to this highly fluid situation.
Now as we face the prospect of safely reopening some portions of our communities, we face an entirely new set of questions:
Becker attorneys will address key questions including:
- What amenities are we required or permitted to reopen and when?
- What are the conditions for reopening?
- Can we impose conditions over and above those required by the government orders?
- How do we keep our owners and staff safe while accommodating their use of certain amenities?
- What restrictions from existing safety protocols can or should we continue to impose?
- What are our enforcement options?