Jon has a well-established litigation career in state and federal courts, as well as pursuing alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration on behalf of his clients when the situation warrants. Jon is client-focused while maintaining the highest professional standards.
Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Polenberg pursued a business management career, where he gained valuable insight into the business challenges facing today’s companies. He was a member of a prominent New York law firm, and then started his own firm that engaged in litigating cases involving business torts, class actions, construction, contracts, employment, fraud, insurance coverage, lender liability, and securities litigation.
- Lead attorney in a False Claims Act litigation brought by a competitor against Applera Corporation in which the plaintiff claimed damages of $6 billion. The team prevailed on its motion to dismiss.
- Represented American Airlines in working through the legal challenges presented by the North Terminal Development Program at Miami International Airport.
- Representative clients include:
- Freedom Steel Building Corporation
- UniFirst Corporation
- Alliant Insurance Services
- 2017 Chair’s Award, The Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, as Chair of the Government Affairs Committe
- 2018 Top Lawyer from South Florida Legal Guide
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Past Chair of the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Past Chair of the Business Litigation Committee of the Business Law Section
- Past Chair of the Legislative Committee of the Business Law Section
- Past Chair of the Federal Court Practice Committee
- Past Chair of the Federal Judicial Round Table for the Federal Court Practice Committee
- Member of the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure Committee.
- Chair of the Government Affairs Committee of the Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chair of the Washington Summit Legislative Initiatives for the Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Executive Committee for the Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chair of the Board for the Transplant Foundation
- “Commercial Arbitration,” Business Litigation in Florida, Ch. 4 (9th ed. 2017)
- Jon Polenberg & Quinn Smith, Can Parties Play Games with Arbitration Awards? How Mattel May Put an End to Prolonged Gamesmanship, Fla. B.J., May 2009, at 36