Becker’s Trusts & Estates attorneys have strong credentials and deep experience in this highly specialized area of the law. The firm serves clients’ needs in the following areas:
- Structuring estate, gift, income and generation-skipping plans through wills, trusts, family-limited partnerships, qualified personal residence trusts, grantor-retained annuity trusts, charitable lead and annuity trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and private foundations and gift-giving programs intended to reduce estate taxes.
- Creating disability plans through the use of revocable trusts and powers of attorney for asset management and medical directives for health care management.
- Planning for special circumstances including second or later marriages, same-sex couples, multi-generational wealth transfer, charitable giving and trusts for beneficiaries with special needs.
- Offshore estate planning for U.S. and foreign individuals.
- Advising the owners of closely held businesses, including the preparation of shareholders’ and partnership agreements, reorganization, dissolution and transferring ownership to children and other family members.
- Working with personal representatives and successor trustees regarding all aspects of probate and trust administration.
- Representing beneficiaries of trusts and estates.
- Providing guidance to U.S. taxpayers on the U.S. federal income tax and the non-U.S. tax consequences of doing business or making investments abroad.
Related Areas of Practice
- Florida Supreme Court Justice John D. Couriel Speaks at Becker Legacy Speaker Series
- Becker & Poliakoff Celebrates 50th Anniversary: 50 Years of Outstanding Client Service and Dedication to Communities
- Becker & Miami Law Welcome Florida Supreme Court Justice John D. Couriel to the Alan S. Becker and Gary A. Poliakoff Preeminent Leaders in Law Speaker Series
- Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke Speaks at Becker Legacy Speaker Series
- “Civil Rights Leader and Defender Speaks at Miami Law” – University of Miami
- View All