Real Estate law has been a core practice for Becker since our founding in 1973. The firm’s Real Estate attorneys have helped shape the local landscape through representation of developers of multi-family and single-family residential communities; business and property owners; and financial institutions. They have represented clients in the successful acquisition, financing, development and sale of all types of unimproved land and improved properties for residential and commercial use, including large land assemblages, major office buildings and office parks, shopping malls and centers, luxury hotels and resorts, condominiums and multi-family housing projects.
Our attorneys help guide clients through the full cycle of a real estate transaction, from the creation of the entity through the acquisition of land, governmental approvals including land use planning and zoning, entitlements and variances, environmental matters, title insurance matters, financing, permitting, construction and completion issues, leasing, property management and disposition. As the economy has fluctuated, our attorneys have assisted clients with loan workouts of real estate assets, title disputes and Real Estate Owned (REO) assets.
The group represents institutional investors and lenders, asset servicing companies, regional and national developers, and owners (including governments and corporate users) in structuring and implementing complex real estate transactions. Our team serves the needs of lending institutions in regard to all types of real-estate-based financing transactions, as well as protecting the interests of such lending institutions in foreclosures and bankruptcies. Our attorneys have handled large, multi-parcel real estate transactions, and are knowledgeable in all aspects of sales and acquisition of property. Becker also serves as a registered agent for most major state and national title insurance companies.
We represent regional and national financial institutions in real estate and asset-based business loan transactions including advice and legal representation in all aspects of the transaction from commitment letter terms to loan closing, loan documentation, structure of loan terms, insurance and post closing matters.
Related Areas of Practice
- Commercial Lease and Loan Restructuring Task Force
- Commercial Property & Leasing
- Purchase & Sale Transactions
- Residential & Commercial Developer Representation
- Workouts / Distressed Property
- David Blattner Reminds Homebuyers to Establish & Trust Their Real Estate Team
- Becker & Poliakoff Endows Speaker Series at Miami Law; Honors Firm’s Founding Shareholders
- Q&A with Appraiser Richard Pyle
- “Why You Should Consider Buying Non-Performing Real Estate Notes,” National Real Estate Investor
- “Coronavirus No Excuse for Day-Late Rent by Business Facing Eviction, Appeals Court Rules,” Daily Business Review
- View All