The firm’s real estate and litigation attorneys work together to assist owners, banks and other financial institutions in dealing with distressed real estate loans and the resulting ownership issues. The issues involved in managing these assets can vary widely, and require a multidisciplinary approach in order to successfully navigate through the many potential pitfalls. We have experience dealing with these complex issues and have provided clients with counsel and training in the following areas:
- legal issues arising in loan restructuring scenarios
- legal options and strategies regarding workouts
- subsequent developer issues that may result when you foreclose or otherwise acquire ownership of a project from the developer
- legal considerations relating to accepting a deed in lieu of foreclosure
- insolvency/bankruptcy strategies
- REO management and disposition issues
The Real Estate group authored “The Florida Distressed Condominium Relief Act: Options, Obstacles and Opportunities” to provide analysis about the law.