The Employment Law practice team at Becker offers our clients a full range of employment law services that affect employers and employees, including:
- Title VII litigation and related claims under Florida Civil Rights Act
- Sexual harassment claims
- Personnel policy handbooks
- Employment law-related counseling
- Review of disciplinary procedures
- Best Practices regarding hiring and terminating employees
- Representation in EEOC, DOL, OSHA and other federal agency investigations
- Fair Labor Standards Act compliance
- Retaliation and other whistleblower claims
- Non-compete agreements
- Employment contracts
- Employer representation
- ADA compliance discrimination
- FMLA compliance
- Management/staff seminars on employment issues
Our Employment Law practice area represents clients in litigation matters involving claims of gender, race, national origin, age and disability discrimination, sexual harassment and other areas.
Our Employment Law attorneys also prepare employment agreements, employment policy handbooks and manuals, non-compete agreements, and provide employment law counseling, including issues involving the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act and other federal and state employment laws.
Every business must comply with the various federal and state wage and hour laws. Our in-depth experience with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other federal and state employment laws translates into practical advice on how to achieve compliance while meeting your business objectives. We:
- Review wage and hour compliance matters under the FLSA
- Educate and train managers and supervisors regarding the legal requirements of the nation’s wage and hour laws
- Provide advice during compliance audits and represent clients in enforcement proceedings
- Handle complex investigations and collective action litigation brought under the FLSA
We also provide representation and legal services for:
- Employment discrimination complaints filed with the EEOC or Florida Commission on Human Relations
- Employment law counseling, including hiring and termination issues
- Employment law seminars for management and staff
- Assessment of a company’s risk of an employment-related lawsuit, including:
- Human resources data review
- Pay equity analysis
- Promotion and termination analysis
- Training and evaluation systems analysis
- Anti-harassment and diversity training
- Initial workforce statistical analysis
- Advice on diversity “best practices”
- Managing and defending employment-related claims and actions, including:
- Case assessment, development, and administration
- Initial investigation and document collection
- Application of technology to efficient and effective document management
- Selection of expert witnesses
- Management of the discovery process
- Public relations and crisis management
- Trial and appeal
Becker attorneys have experience in dealing with virtually every type of employment issue. We partner with our clients to achieve a competitive edge in the full range of employment and personnel law issues that affect your “bottom line.”
Practice Group Chair
- Employer’s Playbook to COVID-19: Do You Have a Mental Health Policy in Place?
- Employer’s Playbook to COVID-19: Can We Require Masks for Our Customers and for Our Employees?
- Employer’s Playbook to COVID-19: Can an Employer Require Employees to Get Tested?
- Employer’s Playbook to COVID-19: What Happens If an Employee Refuses to Come to Work?
- Employer’s Playbook to COVID-19: Can an Employee Stay Home Because Their Child Is Not In School?
- View All