Our entire Morristown team is specifically tailored to meet the needs of our community association clients. From the nearly 70 years of combined experience and thought leadership of our NJ practice group leaders to our robust litigation practice and collection group, our interdisciplinary team of professionals is dedicated to delivering high touch service to our clients.
We understand that the retention of a law firm is a challenging task and that prospective clients not only value quality representation but also, availability, efficiency, responsiveness and transparency.
This is especially true in community associations where you, the members of the Board, volunteer your time and effort for the betterment of your respective communities. Thus, we have developed an interdisciplinary team that will not only meet your general counsel needs, but address transition-related issues including complex construction defect litigation, provide general litigation support, and assist you with the collection of delinquent accounts.
Our approach to the law is dynamic: our professionals are innovating in the field, by participating on state and national legislative action committees, including participation with the chief sponsor of the “Radburn Election Law” – one of the most important pieces of legislation impacting community associations in the past two decades. It is this holistic approach to servicing our clients that differentiates us from our peers.
- $24 million-dollar settlement for Gold Coast condominium (excessive settlement, water infiltration, code compliance).
- $20 million-dollar jury verdict, including treble damages under Consumer Fraud Act and along with a verdict piercing corporate veil of the worthless nominal developer.
- $18.5 million-dollar settlement for Meadowlands condominium (stucco, stone, siding and roofing installation defects resulting in water infiltration and structural damages).
- $13 million-dollar settlement Hudson Waterfront Condominium for excessive settlement and water infiltration.
- $6 million settlement for Cedar Grove condominium to pay for structural damage, mold, and insect infestation resulting from water infiltration.
BeckerNorth: New York & New Jersey is powered by Becker & Poliakoff, LLP, a multi-practice commercial law firm with attorneys, lobbyists and other professionals at offices throughout the East Coast. Founded in 1973, our attorneys have always been pioneers, boldly breaking new ground and taking unconventional approaches to tough legal challenges. View More.
New Jersey Condo Blog View Becker’s New Jersey Condo Blog to get the latest in news, commentary and insight on NJ’s always changing world of community associations. Learn and participate in the latest about governance issues and construction litigation. View More.
1776 on the Green
67 Park Place East, Suite 800
Morristown, New Jersey 07960
331 Newman Springs Road
Red Bank, New Jersey 07701
Arnold J. Calabrese
Office Managing Shareholder