Elizabeth “Beth” A. Lanham-Patrie’shas been practicing law since 1993, and she has focused on representing community associations since June of 2001. Beth provides a variety of legal services to condominium, homeowner, and cooperative associations and is a transactional attorney with extensive experience drafting and amending governing document, and preparing and reviewing contracts. Beth is also involved in resolving disputes between associations and owners. Ms. Lanham-Patrie is also one of only 190 attorneys statewide who is a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
She attends association and board meetings and, when requested, she has chaired those meetings to help facilitate a successful meeting. Beth is approved by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation as a provider of continuing education classes for Community Association Managers. She has prepared educational materials and presented seminars on various community association topics for condominium, homeowner association and cooperative Board Members, including new Board Member Certification classes.
- Drafting governing documents and amendments thereto;
- Dispensing legal and practical advice regarding day to day disputes between community associations, owners, developers and contractors;
- Preparing contracts, addendums and modifications and assisting in contractual negotiations and disputes;
- Covenant enforcement demand letters and pre-suit mediation;
- Giving legal advice regarding requirements of the governing documents and the laws regarding elections, assessments, maintenance, repair and replacement, insurance, etc.;
- Preparing clients for elections and meetings of the Board and/or members; and
- Attending Board Meetings and Members’ Meetings.
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Certificate of Recognition for over 22 years of outstanding pro bono service to Orange County residents.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section – Condominium and Planned Development Subcommittee
- Orange County Bar Association
- Community Association Institute
- Beth is a frequent lecturer and instructor at Community Association Institute of Central Florida events and our own Becker & Poliakoff education series.