Evan Berger has significant experience representing individuals as well as private and publicly traded companies on a variety of complex civil litigation matters in both state and federal court. Mr. Berger’s experience includes representing clients in class action litigation, breach of contract disputes, land use and zoning matters, intellectual property rights, shareholder disputes, and appellate matters.
Prior to joining Becker, Mr. Berger was in the litigation division of the Miami office of an Am Law 250 firm. During law school, Mr. Berger served as editor-in-chief of the Washington College of Law Business Law Brief. He was also an executive board member of the Moot Court Honor Society and a Dean’s Fellow. Additionally, he represented his school at the 2009 Federal Bar Association Thurgood Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition. Mr. Berger worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable James I. Cohn, United States District Court Judge in the Southern District of Florida, as well as the Honorable Dorian K. Damoorgian, who was then a Circuit Court Judge in the 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida.
Prior to law school, Evan spent a year working for an Atlanta-based investment bank specializing in the healthcare industry.
- Efrain Arroyave and Cali Arroyave v. Carbonell Condo. Condo Ass’n., et. al., 69 So.3d 1122 (Fla. 3d DCA, 2011). Successfully obtained an affirmance of the trial court’s ruling that dismissal with prejudice was proper and additional amendments to the initial pleading would be futile.
- Dean v. Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co. of Hartford, 77 So.3d 1253 (Fla. 4th DCA, 2011), affirming the trial court’s finding that the client complied with a settlement agreement and had no duty to satisfy a garnishment directed toward the settlement.
- Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Daily Business Review, “On the Rise” honoree, 2019
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation, Sandra C. Goldstein Young Leadership Award, 2018
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014 – present
- Law360, Legal Lion, 2018
- Florida Legal Elite, Up and Comer, 2016
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- AIPAC Miami Club, Board Member, 2017 – present
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Board of Directors, 2017 – present
- Executive Board of Directors, 2017 – present
- Network Division, Executive Co-Chair, 2017 – present
- The Florida Bar, Eleventh Circuit Grievance Committee “K,” Chair, 2016 – present
- Committee Chair, 2018 – present
- Committee Vice-Chair, 2017 – 2018