Jamie Dokovna focuses her practice on business litigation, with an emphasis on employment law and commercial matters as well as condominium and homeowner association law. Jamie has extensive experience representing employers in various aspects of employment law and litigation, including litigating claims for wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, covenants not to compete, claims brought under Title VII, claims brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including claims brought under Title III of the ADA where business owners are often sued for alleged non-compliant properties, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Florida Civil Rights Act (FCRA), claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) for overtime and other wage violations, and claims based on housing discrimination.
Ms. Dokovna has handled claims with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Florida Commission on Human Relations (FCHR), Florida Division of Administrative Hearings (DOAH), Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and claims brought on the county level from the investigation stage through trial.
In addition to Ms. Dokovna’s litigation experience, she counsels clients on a wide range of employment and compliance issues. She also advises clients on day-to-day issues, including ADA compliance (including Title III), litigation prevention measures, wage compliance, severance agreements, company-wide policy creation and implementation, employee investigations, discipline and termination, hiring, background checks, unemployment compensation issues, worker’s compensation issues, workforce reductions, and employment contracts.
- Obtained summary judgment on whistleblower claim
- Obtained defense verdict on claims of failure to pay overtime wages and alleged illegal tip pool
- Obtained summary judgment on complaint alleging gender and sex discrimination
- Obtained defense verdict on a whistleblower claim and claim for failure to pay overtime wages
- Obtained defense judgment on housing discrimination and national origin claim
- Obtained defense judgment on disability claim
- Obtained complete dismissal of untimely gender discrimination claim
- Obtained defense verdict on claims of disability, retaliatory discharge, and familial discrimination
- Obtained defense judgment on unit owner’s claim for declaratory relief, injunction, and damages
- Obtained defense judgment on unit owner claim seeking to invalidate a special assessment.