Mark Friedman provides legal counsel to condominium, homeowner and cooperative associations. He describes his job as one that is geared to making the lives of board members and managers easier. His work with these communities includes covenant enforcement, analysis and review of bank loans; document review and drafting, contract analysis and drafting as well as providing guidance to the Boards and managers about the statutory and documentary guidelines for the ongoing administration of their association. Mr. Friedman is also one of only 190 attorneys statewide who is a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
Mr. Friedman provides seminars and presentations at the West Palm Beach office as well as to community and civic organizations. Some of the many topics he has lectured on include Board Certification classes, Anatomy of a Water Leak, Screening, Avoiding Discrimination, and many other topics.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Friedman had a very successful career in international business which included five years as a teacher and seminar leader in Japan, where he learned about Japanese business practices and culture, followed by eight years as the International Sales Manager for a major South Florida sportswear manufacturer.
As General Counsel for Condominiums, Homeowners Associations, and Cooperatives, Mr. Friedman:
- Reviews governing documents and provides concise information to clients regarding issues of concern
- Drafts amendments or entire sets of Governing Documents
- Prepares contracts addendum, and redlines
- Review and analyzes statutory issues as they relate to the governance of community associations
- Prepares clients for Board meetings, annual meetings and elections through both seminars and one-on-one counseling
- Reviews and analyzes loan documents and negotiates the terms of loan packages for clients
- Ranked first in law school graduating class
- Senior Editor, Law Review
- First-place winner, moot court upper class intramural competition