Rob Brighton is a corporate transactional attorney who concentrates his practice in the areas of securities, corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity and venture capital. Admitted to The Florida and New York Bars, Rob serves on various business-law-related committees of the American Bar Association, as well as The Florida and NY Bar, including Committees on Legal Opinions, Federal Securities Regulation, Corporate Governance, and Small Business.
Rob frequently writes and speaks on topics in the corporate and securities law areas.
- Utility and energy generation and transmission company and project representation, including structuring, negotiating and drafting documents relating to project construction, acquisition, operation and financing, incorporating financial and performance-based covenants, as well as related due diligence, for various transaction structures, including co-generation and joint venture transactions, and transactions involving leveraged lease-backed and synthetic lease financings.
- Merger transactions, including structuring, negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale agreements on behalf of buyer and seller.
- Financial transactions, including negotiation of acquisition financing and working capital lines of credit with and on behalf of commercial banks and other financial institutions.
- Commercial transactions, including negotiation of manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements, and equipment leasing and international trade transactions.
- Corporate governance and compliance considerations, including those applicable to both public and private corporations.
- Fiduciary obligations of officers, directors and “control” persons.
- Employment and consulting agreements, including sophisticated executive compensation arrangements.
- Technology transfer and licensing agreements.
- Corporate agreements, including agreements with vendors and clients for the purchase or sale of goods and services.
- Fund formations, including Investment Company Act and Investment Advisor Act compliance.
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency regulation, including Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and Simple Agreements for Future Tokens (SAFTs).
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member of the American Bar Association, Business Law Section, and the following Committees:
- Federal Securities Regulation
- Legal Opinions
- Small Business
- Corporate Governance
- Institutional Investors
- Family Offices
- Ad Hoc Committee on Corporate Compliance
- Ad Hoc Committee on Audit Responses
- Commercial Finance Committee and its Taskforce on Intercreditor Agreements
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee
- Member of the Business Law Section of The Florida Bar and the following Committees:
- Co-Chairman of the Subcommittee on Florida Securities Laws of the Corporations, Securities and Financial Services Committee
- Past Chairman of the Committee on Corporations, Securities and Financial Services
- Committee on Legislative Affairs
- Committee on Relations with the FICPA
- Business Corporation Act
- Legal Opinions
- LLC Act
- Member of the NYBA Business Law Section and the New York Bar Committee on Securities Regulation
- Member of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Chairman of the 2019 ACG Florida Capital Connection Program
- Member of the Board of Directors of ACG Global and member of audit committee of the Board (2014-2017)
- President (2010-2012) and member of the Board of Directors (2000 to date) of the ACG South Florida Chapter
- Chairman of the 2015 ACG Florida Capital Connection Program
- Chairman of the 2011 ACG Florida Capital Connection Program
- Chairman of the 2006 ACG Florida Capital Connection Program