Yeline Goin concentrates her practice on the law of community associations, primarily representing condominium, cooperative, and homeowners’ associations. She is one of only 190 attorneys statewide who is a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
Ms. Goin previously served as the Executive Director of our Community Association Leadership Lobby, or CALL, which represents the interests of the firm’s 4,000+ community association clients by monitoring and responding to legislation emerging from Tallahassee which can significantly impact common ownership housing communities.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Goin served as Senior Attorney for the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes. In that capacity, Ms. Goin arbitrated condominium disputes, drafted administrative rules and Declaratory Statements, represented the Division in Circuit Court and provided legal opinions on behalf of the Bureau of Condominiums. Ms. Goin also has experience representing developers, local governments and individuals in land use, zoning and comprehensive planning cases. She also is experienced in various aspects of real estate law and has represented lenders in residential real estate transactions.
- Revitalizing and preserving the covenants and restrictions of homeowners’ association pursuant to the Marketable Record Title Act (MRTA) and the Homeowners’ Association Act.
- Drafting amendments to Governing Documents, including Amended and Restated Governing Documents for condominium, cooperative and homeowners’ associations.
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts for community associations, including, but not limited to, management agreements, security contracts, and cable/communications contracts.
- Enforcing the Governing Documents, including but not limited to, preparing demand letters, pre-suit demand for mediation or arbitration, and settlement agreements.
- Preparing opinion letters for community associations regarding interpretation of the Governing Documents and/or relevant statutes.
- Drafting legislation amending Chapters 718, 719, and 720, Florida Statutes.
- Drafting the Firm’s yearly Community Association Legislative Guide
- Drafting the weekly CALL Alerts advising our CALL members about pending legislation.
- Guiding legislation and funding priorities through the legislative committee process, to the floor of the Florida House of Representatives and the Florida Senate, and ultimately, for the Governor’s signature.