What’s the secret to a highly functioning community association? Host Donna DiMaggio Berger and Take It To the Board’s producer, Claude Jennings Jr. look back on Take It To The Board’s 2023 season and revisit some of the most important conversations about community association living while answering listener questions.
Most new communities are devoid of all but the most basic policies and over the years far too many boards fail to anticipate which policies and protocols can make their jobs, as volunteers, easier. Does your community have the following policies in place and, if not, why not?
- Vacant Unit Policy
- Water Leak Policy
- Handling of Election Materials Policy
- Owner Unit Renovation Policy
- Board Member Code of Conduct
- Owner Civility Code
- Director Resignation Policy
- Participation at Meetings
- Document Inspections
- Lender Questionnaire Policy
Donna and Claude examine the best policies and protocols for your community association spiced up with real-life questions from Take It To The Board’s engaged listeners. Donna also opens up about her journey into condominium law and finding balance at Becker, while Claude shares the fulfilling experiences that carved his path in media and podcasting. Listen now to learn how to maintain a community that is not only functional but harmonious.
Conversation Highlights Include:
- Best policies and protocols to have in place, post-developer turnover
- Individual unit renovations and documentation needed to comply with safety laws
- Potential property damage from vacant units
- Lender questionnaires
- Board member eligibility and director resignations
- The biggest mistake boards and managers make when it comes to policies and protocols!
Top Episodes of 2023
- The Art of Negotiating the Best Telecommunication Deal for Your Community With Marcie Gershoni, President at Community Cable Consultants
- Are “55 and Older” Communities Still In Demand? What Must Be Done to Preserve Your Senior Lifestyle? An Engaging Discussion with Mark Friedman, Becker & Poliakoff
- The Impact of Construction Next Door on Your Community with Katie Berkey, AICP, Becker & Poliakoff
- Donna DiMaggio Berger Celebrates 50th Episode with Business Attorney and Husband, Michael Berger
- Guns, God, and Gab – A Constitutional Analysis with Jay Roberts, Esq.
About Take It To The Board
Think you know what community association life is all about? Think again. Residents must obey the rules, directors must follow the law, and managers must keep it all running smoothly. Take It To The Board explores the reality of life in a condominium, cooperative or homeowners’ association, what’s really involved in serving on its board, and how to maintain that ever-so-delicate balance of being legally compliant and community spirited. Leading community association attorney Donna DiMaggio Berger acknowledges the balancing act without losing her sense of humor as she talks with a variety of association leaders, experts, and vendors about the challenges and benefits of the community association lifestyle.
If you’ve got a question, Take It To The Board with Donna DiMaggio Berger – We Speak Condo & HOA!