Marcie Gershoni, President at Community Cable Consultants, is an experienced Cable professional having worked as an account executive for Comcast and then in the Cable Consulting field. Marcie has been involved with the telecommunications industry from both sides of the aisle as the provider and the consumer. She also has two decades of experience with the construction industry which provides her with, yet another layer of understanding of the infrastructure and technology associated with cable, internet, and phone service. Marcie sits down with host Donna DiMaggio Berger to discuss the playing field that volunteer board members must understand when navigating and negotiating the most beneficial cable and Internet agreements for their communities.
Conversation highlights include:
- What deal points should boards consider when evaluating their telecommunication offers?
- What kind of leverage does an association really have to negotiate favorable terms?
- How long is too long of a term for a telecommunications contract?
- What are “door fees” and should every community push to receive them?
- How have streaming services impacted cable deals and is bulk cable still desirable with all the other options out there including streaming services and satellite?
- Marcie explains how the technology in her industry has evolved over the years and what to expect next.
- How is a consultant’s fee calculated and who pays it?
BONUS: Marcie reveals the deal terms that most people wouldn’t think to negotiate but should!
About Take It To The Board
Think you know what community association life is all about? Think again. Residents must obey the rules, directors must follow the law, and managers must keep it all running smoothly. Take It To The Board explores the reality of life in a condominium, cooperative or homeowners’ association, what’s really involved in serving on its board, and how to maintain that ever-so-delicate balance of being legally compliant and community spirited. Leading community association attorney Donna DiMaggio Berger acknowledges the balancing act without losing her sense of humor as she talks with a variety of association leaders, experts, and vendors about the challenges and benefits of the community association lifestyle.
If you’ve got a question, Take It To The Board with Donna DiMaggio Berger – We Speak Condo & HOA!