Donna DiMaggio Berger is a member of the College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL), a prestigious national organization that acknowledges community association attorneys who have distinguished themselves through contributions to the evolution or practice of community association law and who have committed themselves to high standards of professional and ethical conduct in the practice of community association law. Ms. Berger is also one of only 129 attorneys statewide who is a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
Ms. Berger has led various community association advocacy initiatives, working with legislators and other public policy makers on behalf of those who live, serve and work in common interest ownership communities. She has testified before the Florida Legislature regarding community association law and frequently appears on radio talk shows and in print media discussing these issues.
- Ms. Berger represents all types and sizes of community associations throughout Florida.
- Served on two (2) Florida Bar Committees: the LOMAS Advisory Board and the Media & Communications Law Committee
- Member of the Real Property Probate and Trust Law (RPPTL) Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Community Association Institute (CAI) and the National Association of Professional Women
Ms. Berger has been honored as a member of Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, named a Woman Extraordinaire by South Florida Business Leader and honored at the 4th Annual 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County benefiting the Boys and Girls Club.
Ms. Berger has also been recognized by Broward Lawyers Care for her commitment to pro bono service and served as the Pro Bono Legal Advisor for The Broward Coalition from 2008-2011, a not-for-profit organization which represents the interests of approximately 200 Broward County community associations.
In addition, Ms. Berger has given seminars and speeches around the State detailing community association legislative lobbying efforts.
Ms. Berger also serves on Senator Maria Sachs’s Blue Ribbon Committee on Disaster Preparedness.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- The Florida Bar (Member, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section)
- College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL)
- Community Association Institute (CAI)
- National Association of Professional Women.