Our tax group advises, structures and negotiates a wide variety of corporate transactions on behalf of our clients. These transactions include representing both public and private companies as either acquirers or targets in tax-free reorganizations and stock and asset purchases. We advise on divestitures and restructurings such as recapitalizations, liquidations and spin-offs. We also represent domestic and foreign sellers and financial and strategic purchasers in connection with the federal income tax aspects of taxable and tax-free merger, acquisition and reorganization transactions, in addition to tax planning utilizing partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures.
- Tax planning for individuals in connection with business and personal transactions;
- Structuring partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, business trusts and other domestic and international business entities;
- Structuring domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and restructuring transactions;
- Advising clients regarding tax issues involved with public offerings and private placements of equity, debt and hybrid securities;
- Advising clients concerning state and local tax issues;
- Representing taxpayers in tax examinations, protests before the Internal Revenue Service Appeals Office and in litigation before every federal court.