Becker Maritime attorneys have experience assisting clients in resolving all aspects of maritime disputes, including matters involving collision, personal injury, cargo loss, workers’ compensation, maritime commercial disputes and insurance coverage relating to inland marine vessels, oceangoing vessels, and passenger vessels. Our attorneys also have experience regarding the application of the Jones Act to offshore projects, cargo, passenger, and vessel movements.
As skilled litigators who understand the unique challenges confronting the maritime industry, we regularly handle complex and multijurisdictional litigation and have substantial experience defending civil, and administrative enforcement actions. Due to the nature of when and where clients’ needs arise, attorneys in this practice are on call 24 hours and travel to distant and sometimes remote locations. We work with clients to understand their objectives and always seek to resolve disputes as expeditiously as possible.
Areas of Focus
- Arrests and attachments
- Cargo Claims
- Vessel Construction/Shipbuilding Disputes
- Commercial Disputes
- Jones Act Coastwise Trade Issues
- Maritime Personal-Injury Claims
- Charter Party and Contract Disputes
- Insurance Coverage and Subrogation Matters
- Defense of Civil and Administrative Actions
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution