Carolyn Meadows focuses her practice on condominium, homeowner, and cooperative associations, assisting board members with their day-to-day operations, budget, corporate governance, contracts, enforcement of association covenants, and management issues. She represents all types and sizes of community associations throughout Florida, handling such matters as collections and foreclosures and other association-related matters in arbitration and court.
- Appearance in court on behalf of associations regarding lien foreclosure suits
- Pursue and recover financial obligations owed to associations by association members, including delinquent assessments, fines, and property taxes.
- Analyze association member liability for pre-litigation statutory notices; prepare and record claims of lien and releases on behalf of associations.
- Negotiate, draft, and monitor payment plans and settlements of financial obligations owed to associations
- Analyze association governing documents for conformity with Florida law and case law precedent; advise boards of directors regarding amending same; draft proposed declaration amendments
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Litigation Section
- Member, The St. Petersburg Bar Association