Howard Jiang is an attorney in Becker’s Corporate Practice. Mr. Jiang focuses his practice on domestic and trans-border corporate transactions, capital markets, and project finance matters. He represents clients in public and private mergers and acquisitions as well as domestic and foreign issuers and underwriters in public securities offerings and capital market transactions, including negotiated public mergers, tender offers, hostile takeovers, and going private transactions.
His practice also includes advising clients on ongoing securities law compliance matters. Mr. Jiang advises companies in the acquisition and sale of assets and equity, as well as the formation and dissolution of strategic alliances, joint ventures, and other strategic arrangements in the U.S. and internationally.
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Mr. Jiang counsels U.S. and foreign companies on investments in Europe, Asia, and China as well as the U.S. and represents clients in project finance and large infrastructure projects such as power plants, highways, railway and transit systems, mining, oil and gas, and location-based entertainment developments.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Representation of Owens Corning in its $800 million asset disposition.
- Representation of CSFB in underwriting the $330 million IPO of Shandong Huaneng Power, the first Chinese company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Fresenius in acquisitions involving four countries in the field of healthcare.
- Representation of American Standard in its strategic investments and acquisitions in China.
- Representation of General Motors in its multi-billion dollar joint venture with Shanghai Auto Works.
- Representation of Shanghai Haixing Group in one of the first Section 363 auction purchases by Chinese buyers in the industrial and consumer fabric business.
- Representation of Reliance Group in the acquisition of Digital Domain with Galloping Horse in a Section 363 auction. Digital Domain is a leading special effects company with over thirteen Academy Awards for special effects.
- Representation of a major Chinese steel company in the acquisition of steel making facilities in North America.
- Representation of a public biopharmaceutical company’s merger with a CRO company.
- Representation of Bermuda Telecom in its auction sale
- Advised the underwriters on a major telecom roll-up transaction in the U.S.
- Advised on U.S. banks and a strategic investor in a power project finance project in China.
- Advised on two U.S. listed biopharmaceutical companies’ exchange offer.
- Representation of a Chinese based biopharmaceutical company in its tender offer and subsequent merger with a NYSE listed stem cell company.
- Representation of PaineWebber in the $120 million telecom company IPO by Advanced Communications Group.
- Representation of Sinochem in a total of approximately $500 million commercial paper and $175 million Euro notes offerings.
- Representation of COFCO in approximately $650 million commercial paper and $200 million Euro notes offerings.
- Representation of a Chinese real estate company in its listing on NASDAQ.
- Advised on Xinyuan Real Estate IPO on NYSE.
- Representation of China XD Plastics listing in U.S.
- Representation of Salomon Smith Barney in the $110 million MarineMax roll-up IPO.
- Representation of Rockland Power in its first mortgage bond offerings.
- Representation of Hitachi in an industrial revenue bond offering with the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- Representation of an issuer in a $50 million non-recourse liability remote entity debenture offering.
- Representation of BMO in a $650 million CBO offering.
- Representation of a major U.S. underwriter in a $120 million highway construction bond offering.
- Representation of a major U.S. underwriter in a $110 million power bond offering.
- Designed the bond offering product for a law firm in its $40 million bond offering.