Joseph E. Adams has concentrated his entire legal practice in the area of Condominium and Planned Development Law for over 35 years. He is widely recognized as a leading expert and thought leader in the field. During his career, Mr. Adams has provided legal counsel to over one thousand community associations, primarily in Southwest Florida. Mr. Adams is also one of only 190 attorneys statewide who is a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
- Recognized in the 2023 and 2024 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®, one of the oldest and most revered peer review publications, in Community Association Law.
- Best Lawyers in America©, Lawyer of the Year, Community Association Law, 2022
- Florida Trend, Florida Legal Elite, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America©, Community Association Law
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbel, A.V. Rated
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite Hall of Fame
- Fellow, College of Community Association Lawyers
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Former Co-Chair; Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee of Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Former Member; Florida Bar’s Condominium Law and Policy Life Safety Task Force
- Former Chair; Florida Bar Condominium and Planned Development Law Certification Committee
- Former Chair; Florida Advisory Council on Condominiums
- Former Chair; Community Associations Institute, Florida Legislative Alliance
- Former Member; Governor’s Task Force on Homeowners’ Association Legislation
Mr. Adams is a prolific writer, commentator and speaker regarding Florida Condominium and Planned Development Law. In addition to 3 published law review articles, Mr. Adams has published numerous articles, including “Defending
My Our Castle (A Look at Gun Regulation by Community Associations),”The Florida Bar Journal (December 2016). His writings have been cited in Florida’s appellate courts and in the Florida Statutes Annotated as legal authority. He has also been the author of a weekly newspaper column involving community association law since 1996.