Joseph E. Adams has concentrated his entire legal practice in the area of Condominium and Planned Development Law for over 30 years. He is widely recognized as a leading expert and thought leader in the field. During his career, Mr. Adams has provided legal counsel to over one thousand community associations, primarily in Southwest Florida, where he serves as the Managing Shareholder of Becker’s Naples and Fort Myers offices. Mr. Adams is also one of only 129 attorneys statewide statewide who is a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
- Martindale-Hubbel, A.V. Rated
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite Hall of Fame
- Fellow, College of Community Association Lawyers
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Incoming Vice Chair; The Florida Bar Condominium and Planned Development Law Certification Committee
- Former Chair; Florida Advisory Council on Condominiums
- Former Chair; Community Associations Institute, Florida Legislative Alliance
- Former Member; Governor’s Task Force on Homeowners’ Association Legislation
- Member; Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee of Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
Mr. Adams is a prolific writer, commentator and speaker regarding Florida Condominium and Planned Development Law. In addition to 3 published law review articles, Mr. Adams has published numerous articles, including “Defending My Our Castle (A Look at Gun Regulation by Community Associations),” The Florida Bar Journal (December 2016). His writings have been cited in Florida’s appellate courts and in the Florida Statutes Annotated as legal authority. He has also been the author of a weekly newspaper column involving community association law since 1996.