Paul H. Shur is a Shareholder in Becker’s Corporate Practice. Mr. Shur focuses his practice in all aspects of commercial and financial transactions and related litigation enforcing and defending creditors’ rights. Having 30 years of experience, he has represented a broad array of clients in secured lending, asset based lending, commercial finance, debt restructuring, sales and lease transactions, negotiable instruments, letters of credit, documents of title, real estate secured transactions, and title insurance defense.
A thought leader in his field, Mr. Shur has written extensively on a variety of topics including e-signatures and e-documents, commercial transactions, second lien financing, Uniform Commercial Code, equipment finance, and loan participation. Additionally, he is an avid speaker at industry seminars and conferences throughout New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania on topics of interest to clients and continuing legal education.
Mr. Shur is a Fellow of the prestigious American College of Commercial Finance Attorneys and serves as Education Chair to the New Jersey and New York Chapters of the Commercial Finance Association. He also serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the New York Institute of Credit, New Jersey Turnaround Management Association, and as Board Member Emeritus and Chair of the Banking Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A – New Jersey, 2009 – present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007 – present
- “Lawyer of the Year” New Jersey, Banking and Finance Law, 2018
- “Lawyer of the Year” New York City, Banking and Finance Law, 2017
- Super Lawyers New York & New Jersey, 2009 – present
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- American College of Commercial Finance Attorneys, Fellow
- New York & New Jersey Chapters of the Commercial Finance Association, Education Chair
- New York Institute of Credit, Board of Directors
- New Jersey Turnaround Management Association, Board of Directors
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Banking Law Section, Board Member Emeritus and Chair