Robyn M. Severs represents community association clients throughout Florida’s northeast region. She has significant experience representing and assisting condominium and homeowners associations in a wide variety of legal areas, including document review, document drafting, turnover of association control, reserve funding, and maintenance issues. Robyn also handles community association bankruptcy cases and appellate cases that include some notable decisions. Earlier in her career, she served as an Assistant Public Defender for the Tenth Judicial Circuit, and as a Senior Attorney for the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Real Estate, where she prosecuted cases before the Division of Administrative Hearings, Florida Real Estate Commission and Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board. Ms. Severs is also one of only 129 attorneys statewide who is a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
- Meritage Homes of Fla, Inc. v. Lake Roberts Landing Homeowners, 190 So. 3d 651 (Fla. 5th DCA 2016); lead appellate attorney for Association confirming that Developer did not properly waive funding of reserve accounts
- Maronda Homes, Inc. of Fla. v. Lakeview Reserve Homeowners Ass’n, Inc, 127 So. 3d 1258 (Fla. 2013); lead appellate attorney for Association, confirming that the implied warranties of fitness and merchantability apply to improvements that provide essential services to homeowners associations.
- Kings Ridge Community Ass’s, Inc. v. Sagamore Ins. Co., 98 So. 3d 74 (Fla. 5th DCA 2012); lead appellate attorney for Association finding insurance coverage for collapse of clubhouse
- Lake Forest Master Community Association, Inc. v. Orlando Lake Forest Joint Venture, 10 So. 3d 1187 (Fla. 5th DCA 2009): lead appellate attorney confirming procedure for noticing reconvened meetings.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Northeast Florida CAI – Legislative Action Committee, January 2017 – present
- The Florida Bar (Grievance Committee, 7th Judicial Circuit, Committee “B”), February 2016 – present; Chair, October 2018 to present
- The Florida Bar (Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, 7th Judicial Circuit, Committee “B”), 2009 – 2015
- St. Johns County Bar Association