Sanjay Kurian is Board Certified in Construction Law and AV Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been selected as a Super Lawyer in 2019, 2021, and 2022 which is a recognition by his peers of the top 5% of lawyers in Florida.
Mr. Kurian has substantial experience representing community associations, owners and developers in a variety of construction and insurance issues. He also is a member of the firm’s Disaster Recovery team and has handled numerous hurricane claims representing condominium associations against their own insurance carriers.
He has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating construction contracts for owners and developers, including with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and Engineering Joint Contract Document Committee (EJCDC) contract forms. He has also drafted and negotiated numerous service contracts on behalf of Association clients.
Mr. Kurian speaks and presents frequently on construction and insurance matters with an added interest in technology and the practice of law. He has presented on “iPad and the Construction Lawyer” at the Florida Bar Construction Law Institute in 2012 and 2013. He has lectured on AIA Owner-Contractor Contract Documents for the Construction Law Review Course in 2013. Additionally he has co-presented a webinar for the Florida Bar on the Economic Loss Rule. He has also presented webinars on Hurricane preparedness and Post-hurricane Disaster Recovery. Additional topics Mr. Kurian has spoken on include insurance claims, mold issues, indemnification obligations, liquidated damages, consequential damages, statutory warranties and common law implied warranties. He is also a contributor on construction, contract, insurance and litigation issues to the Firm’s Community Association & HOA law blog.
- Best Lawyers in America©, Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Construction, 2022
- Recognized by his peers as among the Best Lawyers in America© for Construction Law and Litigation (2021 – present)
- Recognized by leading legal publication Chambers USA in the Construction category
- 2015 Rising Star Award
- Recipient of the Austin T. Stickells Scholarship awarded for Best Written Brief for Moot Court Competition
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law (RPPTL) Section
- Chair, Construction Law Committee
- Member, Insurance and Surety Committee (RPLISC)
- Chair, Legislative Subcommittee
- Co-Vice Chair, Construction Law Institute
- Appointee, Professional Ethics Committee, 2020-2021
- 20th Circuit Judicial Nominating Committee, Appointed by Governor DeSantis, 2019