Steven concentrates his practice on a wide range of corporate, securities, mergers and acquisitions and commercial matters, including federal and state securities law, corporate governance, capital-raising transactions, commercial transactions, joint ventures, and general corporate counseling. He works with both public and private clients. Steven has extensive experience in domestic and international transcactional matters including both negotiated and contested acquisitions. His practice encompasses Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) compliance, both for newly public companies and established small and mid-sized issuers, providing counseling on disclosure and regulatory obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley. Steven also advises his clients on general contract matters, including intellectual property, executive compensation and employment matters.
When representing public companies, both domestic and international, Steven has handled a wide variety of issues under the federal and state securities laws, including SEC periodic reporting and proxy requirements, dealing with analysts and the press, and the rules and regulations of the national stock exchanges. Steven also has advised issuers, selling stockholders and underwriters in connection with equity financings, including registered public offerings, selling stockholder shelf registrations and private placements.
Steven also provides ongoing advice to companies in connection with corporate operational matters, including corporate finance, employment matters, shareholder or partnership arrangements, banking and investor relationships and general business planning and counseling. His experience also includes the negotiation of technology licensing, consulting, shareholder, executive compensation, confidentiality and non-competition agreements, corporate governance matters and trademarks.
- Represented a Southeast US based regional financial services firm in its 2014 acquisition by a New York-based private equity firm.
- Represents a Boston-based private equity group in several investments totalling $70 million including alternative energy (fuel cells), waste recycling and disposal, healthy fast food menu restaurants and medical devices.
- Represents a Miami-based company engaged in buying selling, leasing and servicing commercial aircraft engines including a $50 million asset-based financing in August 2015, and a management buyout and $54.9 million refinancing in November 2017.
- Represents and provides general counsel services to a New York-based OTC-QB listed, manufacturing company.
- Represented private company based in Jacksonville, FL, engaged in mobile power solutions business in $350 million sale to George Soros-affiliated company.