Property and Casualty Insurance is one of the largest line items on every association’s budget. With rates continually on the rise, it’s important for board members and managers to learn how to maximize the benefit and manage risk to avoid costly and unnecessary expense.
- What can an association do to keep its insurance rates from rising?
- Does notice to the insurance company of a potential claim (threat of lawsuit) increase the premium?
- How often should an insurance agent visit / inspect the property?
- What is the manager’s role in mitigating risk and processing an insurance claim?
- Should the association’s attorney be given notice when an insurance claim is filed?
- What can an association do to have their insurance claim paid as quickly as possible?
Watch the replay below!
Howard J. Perl
Regan Marock, LCAM
Richard Rodriguez, CPA
Condo Practice Leader
Senior Vice President