On June 15, the Department of Economic Opportunity launched the final Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation program, Rebuild Florida Mitigation General Infrastructure Program.
The Rebuild Florida Mitigation General Infrastructure Program is designed to provide funding opportunities for local governments and state agencies to develop large-scale mitigation activities that allow Florida communities to better withstand future disasters. With a total allocation of $475,000,000, the Rebuild Florida Mitigation General Infrastructure Program will be implemented in three competitive application cycles, with $150 million in funding available in the first round.
On June 24, the Department hosted a webinar to discuss the programs those slides are attached to this email.
The guidelines for the General Infrastructure Program can be found HERE.
Florida communities most impacted and distressed by presidentially declared disaster in 2016 and 2017.
Counties, municipalities, state agencies, non-profits and non-governmental organizations that apply in partnership with their local UGLG or state Agency.
Eligible activities include projects that demonstrably increase community resilience. The following types of infrastructure projects are encouraged:
- Restoration of critical infrastructure
- Renourishment of protective costal dune systems and state beaches
- Building or fortifying buildings that are essential to the health, safety and welfare of a community
- Rehabilitation or construction of stormwater management systems
- Improvements to drainage facilities
- Reconstruction of lift stations and sewage treatment plants
- Road repair and improvement and bridge strengthening
- June 15, 2020: Application submission cycle opens.
- June 24, 2020: Mitigation General Infrastructure Program Webinar.
- June 25, 2020: Intensive technical assistance period.
- September 14, 2020, 5:00 p.m. (EST): Deadline to submit applications.
Beginning June 25, appointments will be available for one-on-one technical assistance phone calls with DEO. Once the technical assistance period opens, you may schedule your appointment and email your questions ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit the Department of Economic Opportunity Rebuild Florida page where you can find all the information you need in English, Spanish and Haitian Creole. You can find all those documents HERE.
Contact us if we can be of any assistance if you are interested in this program.