Becker attorneys offer a unique approach to this practice area, providing clients with access to legal know-how and experience in understanding how government impacts the child care industry. In addition, Becker has significant experience in other complimentary practice areas such as corporate, real estate, employment, and general business litigation to assist our clients.
Clients benefit from a team of experienced and highly successful attorneys with a proven track record in challenging health and safety violations. Becker understands the financial implications that a health and safety violation can have when carrying the state’s Gold Seal designation, contracting for school readiness, or voluntary pre-kindergarten (VPK) services. We stand ready to assist you.
As a client, you receive the following benefits:
- Consultation for any pending or anticipated violations
- Risk management tips on how to avoid violations
- Thought leadership on child care best practices
- Courses for in-service hours on health and safety standards
- Updates on pending legislation that could impact your business
- Monitoring and updates on pending rules that impact your business
- Lobbying services in Tallahassee as directed by the Child Care Practice Group Advisory Council
- Potential discounts on hourly rates when challenging health and safety violations or other legal matters that impact your business
Ellyn Bogdanoff and Mark Stempler serve as co-leaders of Becker’s Early Learning Advisory Services Practice. With over 30 years of experience in the education field, Ellyn first served as a political activist, state representative, state senator, and lobbyist, and then as the executive director, general counsel, and lead lobbyist for a statewide association of child care centers. Her experience is unparalleled and she brings a wealth of knowledge in a complex field that must navigate numerous laws and rules of various government agencies and jurisdictions.
As a seasoned litigator, Mark has an impressive track record when challenging government agencies. Not only has he won multimillion dollar awards for his large corporate clients, he has also successfully challenged numerous health and safety violations for the owners of child care centers throughout Florida.