Senator Bogdanoff joined the firm after serving over six years as a Member of the Florida House of Representatives and two years as a Florida State Senator.
She also has over 30 years in the business sector, owning her first insurance business by the age of 21 and, after 16 years, selling her interest in her company. In 1997, she opened a corporate and local government consulting firm. Senator Bogdanoff later attended law school, graduating in 2003. She began her legal career as a litigator and is currently a Certified Circuit Civil and Family Mediator.
After leaving public office in 2012, Senator Bogdanoff expanded her practice to include government consulting in Tallahassee. Her knowledge, experience, and access to key decision makers are extremely valuable to her clients.
- Over 70 awards for legislative advocacy from 2004 to 2012 from various community groups and state associations.
- “Up and Comers” Award, 1991
- Women’s Circle of Excellence, Women’s Chamber of Commerce 1998
- Youth Law Center, 2000 – For Child Advocacy
- March of Dimes, Woman of Distinction, 2001
- Women-Owned Business Award, 2001 – The Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce Annual Salute to Business Awards
- Healthy Mothers – Healthy Babies, Outstanding Mothers of 2003
- Jacob’s Ladder Award for child advocacy from Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options (JAFCO) in 2004
- Broward Partnership for the Homeless Legislative Advocacy Award 2006
- Florida’s Children First Recognition in 2006 for her commitment to children growing up in the foster care system.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Co-Chair of the 2019 Business Development Mission to Israel – Appointed by Governor Ron DeSantis
- Federal Judicial Nominating Committee 2015 to present – Appointed by Senator Marco Rubio and Senator Bill Nelson
- Florida Historic Capitol Museum Council, Member – Appointed by Richard Corcoran, Speaker of The Florida House of Representatives
- Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy Committee of The Florida Bar
- Florida Senate President Appointment to the Early Learning Advisory Council (ELAC)
- T.E.A.C.H Advisory Council (Teacher Education Compensation Helps)
- Children’s Home Society Advisory Board
- JAFCO (Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options) Advisory Board
- Holocaust Documentation Center – Board Member, 2015-2018
- Civil Procedures Rules Committee – Florida Bar 2009-2014
- Museum of Discovery and Science in Broward County – Board of Trustees
- Legal Aid Advisory Board, 2002-03
- Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Board of Governors
- Guardian ad litem, 17th Judicial Circuit
- Appointed member of the Fort Lauderdale Planning & Zoning Board
- Appointed by Senator Mel Martinez to the Federal Judicial Nominating Commission
- Appointed member of the Broward County Children’s Services Board, Chair, 2003-2005
- Appointed by the Governor to the State Elections Commission, December, 2000 to May 2001
- Appointed by the Governor to State Board of Directors, WAGES Program, December, 1998 to June, 2000; Appointed Chairman of Statewide Research Committee
- Transition Team for Governor Jeb Bush, November, 1998 to January, 1999
- Board Member, Children’s Home Society, 1989 to 1999
- Board Member, JAFCO (Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options) 1992 to 2005
- Advisory Board Member and Mentor, Enterprise Ambassador Program of Nova Southeastern University, 1988 to 2000
- Foundation Board Member, Habitat for Humanity of Broward County, 1997, Chair, 1998
- Member, Broward Alliance, 1995 to 2001
- Appointed member of District Advisory Council of Broward County Schools, 1994 to 1996 and 1997 to 1999
- Appointed by Commissioner Ilene Lieberman to the Homeless Initiative Partnership Advisory Board of Broward County in 2000
- Appointed by Commissioner Tim Smith to the City of Fort Lauderdale Education Advisory Committee, 1997 to 2000
- Appointed by Commissioner Ilene Lieberman to the Human Rights Board of Broward County, 1997 to 2000
- Charter member, Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Broward County, 1996 to 2001:
- Board Member, 1998 to 1999, Chair, 1999 to 2000
- Initiated several programs as Chair including Workforce 2020 and the Strategic Alliance of Women’s Business Organizations. Acting President and Director of the WorkForce 2020 Project from December 2000 until July 2001.
- Appointed by Florida Senator Bill Galvano as chair of the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking Direct-Support Organization Board of Directors (2019)