Mr. Muller concentrates his legal practice on the law of community associations, primarily representing condominium, cooperative, mobile home and homeowners’ associations. He represents community associations located throughout Southwest Florida including Collier, Lee, Sarasota, Manatee and Charlotte counties. Mr. Muller is a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law. He also serves as a Vice Chair of the Firm’s Community Association Law Practice Group.
Mr. Muller began his legal career as an Assistant State Attorney in Brevard County, Florida. He has extensive trial experience in covenant enforcement, personal injury, criminal, construction and foreclosure law.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Muller worked as a staff member for a United States Representative where he assisted constituents by serving as a liaison between local government, business officials and federal agencies.
As General Counsel for both commercial and residential community associations, Mr. Muller:
- Drafts governing documents and amendments thereto.
- Dispenses legal and practical advice regarding day-to-day disputes between community associations, owners, developers and governmental entities.
- Assists community associations with the legal aspects of recovering from a major hurricane.
- Prepares contracts, addendums and modifications and assists in contractual negotiation and contractual dispute resolution.
- Gives legal advice regarding requirements of the governing documents and the laws regarding elections, financial operations, insurance, assessment collection and maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Prepares clients for elections, meetings of the Board/members, handling disasters.
- Recognized in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, one of the oldest and most revered peer review publications, in Community Association Law.
- Mr. Muller has been interviewed and quoted by many leading national media outlets regarding community association law, including the USA Today, MSNBC and Bankrate.com.
- Mr. Muller has drafted several pieces of legislation affecting community associations which have been adopted by the Florida Legislature.
- Mr. Muller is a frequent columnist on community association law issues. His columns have appeared in several publications, including the Naples Daily News, Florida Community Association Journal, etc.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Mr. Muller is an active member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar. He is a frequent lecturer on community association law and has spoken on the topics of disaster recovery, new legislation, collection of assessments, effective covenant enforcement and insurance.
- Mr. Muller is a recent Board Member for the West Florida chapter of the Community Associations Institute.
- In his free time, Mr. Muller enjoys boating and endurance sports.