Mr. Muller concentrates his legal practice on the law of community associations, primarily representing condominium, cooperative, mobile home and homeowners’ associations. He represents community associations located throughout Southwest Florida including Collier, Lee, Sarasota, Manatee and Charlotte counties.
Mr. Muller began his legal career as an Assistant State Attorney in Brevard County, Florida. He has extensive trial experience in covenant enforcement, personal injury, criminal, construction and foreclosure law.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Muller worked as a staff member for United States Congressman Dave Weldon, M.D. (FL 15th District, Melbourne). While working for Congressman Weldon, Mr. Muller assisted constituents by serving as a liaison between local government, business officials and federal agencies.
As General Counsel for both commercial and residential community associations, Mr Muller:
- Drafts governing documents and amendments thereto;
- Dispenses legal and practical advice regarding day to day disputes between community associations, owners, developers and governmental entities;
- Prepares contracts, addendums and modifications and assists in contractual negotiation and contractual dispute resolution;
- Gives legal advice regarding requirements of the governing documents and the laws regarding elections, financial operations, insurance, assessment collection and maintenance, repair and replacement; and
- Prepares clients for elections, meetings of the Board/members, handling disasters.
- Mr. Muller is the author of a newspaper column called “Community Association Q&A,” that appears regularly in the Real Estate Section of the Naples Daily News.
- Mr. Muller has been interviewed and quoted by many leading national media outlets regarding community association law, including the USA Today, MSNBC and Bankrate.com. He also recently served as an Editor of the Community Update, the firm’s monthly newsletter dedicated to community association law. Mr. Muller has drafted several pieces of legislation affecting community associations which have been adopted by the Florida Legislature.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Mr. Muller is an active member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar as well as the Collier County Bar Association. He is a frequent lecturer on community association law and has spoken on the topics of collection of assessments, effective covenant enforcement and insurance.
- In his free time, Mr. Muller enjoys participating in a wide variety of endurance sports, including triathlons, marathons and ultra-distance relay races.