Gary C. Rosen is the Managing Shareholder and Chief Executive Officer of the firm, positions he has held since 2012. In these roles he oversees the firm’s governance while playing a leading role in recruitment, marketing and other business functions.
In addition to his involvement in firm management, Gary is a litigation attorney and has handled complex litigation for clients in the public and private sectors including county and city governments, developers, builders, corporations, condominium associations and financial institutions. He also represents national corporate clients in protecting intellectual property rights through civil prosecution of trademark and copyright infringement.
Gary has extensive trial experience in courts throughout the country and has obtained several multi-million-dollar jury verdicts, judgments and settlements in favor of claimants in cases. Also, Gary is Board Certified in Business Litigation Law, recognition for having the highest standards of skills, specialty knowledge, proficiency, professionalism and ethics in business litigation.
- Premier Water Parks, Inc. in obtaining permanent injunctive relief against proceeding with a no-bid contract on behalf of a national developer of water theme parks against the City of Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- National home builder defense in a multi-million-dollar federal class action fraud case resulting in a favorable settlement to our client.
- Securities fraud class actions defense and prosecutions.
- Defended foreign corporations in California trial and appellate courts in a five-year, multi-million-dollar breach of contract and fraud case resulting in summary judgment in favor of clients, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented nationally prominent intellectual property owners in federal court trademark and copyright infringement actions, which have regularly required litigating expedited motions for preliminary injunction.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court actions involving claims of violations of trade secrets and breaches of restrictive covenants.
- Tried several lengthy jury trials resulting in verdicts and mid-trial settlements favorable to the firm’s clients.
- Gary is recognized as one of South Florida Business Journal’s “Ultimate CEOs”. This “best of the best” honor is reserved for the 15 top executives in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties, and recognizes business acumen, leadership, and community involvement.
- Gary is the 2019 recipient of the Daily Business Review’s “Attorney of the Year” award. The award is the top honor presented by the publication as part of its annual Professional Excellence Awards which recognize standout achievement in the legal profession. Gary was honored for his work creating a pioneering professionalism and civility magistrate pilot program in Broward County Circuit Court.
- Florida Trend magazine recognized Gary among its “Legal Elite” in the area of Business Litigation. This designation was based upon a poll of Florida attorneys, who selected peers in the top 2% of their respective practice areas.
- Gary has been recognized as one of Florida’s 500 most influential business leaders every year since Florida Trend magazine began publishing its Florida 500 list in 2018.
- Named as one of the top 100 “Person(s) to Know” in Florida Trend’s October, 2018 issue (Greater Fort Lauderdale – special section).
- Gary has been honored as a 2018 Florida Super Lawyer, a recognition he has received each year for more than 10 years, and has been included in The Best Lawyers in America© guide from 2013-present.
- Gary was also named a Power Leader in Law by the South Florida Business Journal in 2017 and was selected as a 2015 Broward Ultimate CEO honoree, an award that recognizes business leaders of Broward County for their achievements, vision and dedication to excellence.
- Additionally, Gary was among South Florida Business Journal’s Power Leaders in Corporate Philanthropy in 2022, the year’s inaugural awards, which recognized leaders for their contributions in sharing expertise and making contributions to a community cause.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Immediate Past-Chair of the Board of Directors for the United Way of Broward County, 2020 – 2022
- The Executive Committee of the Broward Workshop and Chair of its Governance Committee
- The Florida Association of Managing Partners
- Broward County Bar Association Committee of Large Firm Managing Partners
- Gary was a member of the Florida Supreme Court’s Committee on Standard Jury Instructions —Contract and Business Cases until 2017.