Jennifer Biletnikoff concentrates her legal practice on the law of community associations, primarily representing condominium, cooperative, mobile home and homeowners’ associations. She represents community associations located throughout Southwest Florida including Collier, Lee, Sarasota and Charlotte Counties. Ms. Biletnikoff is also one of only 190 attorneys statewide who is a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law.
In addition to her experience as a Community Association lawyer, Ms. Biletnikoff has litigation experience in covenant enforcement and foreclosure law. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Biletnikoff practiced primarily in the areas of commercial, business and tort litigation. Preceding her legal career, she was an elementary special education teacher and served as the head of elementary special education at her home school in Richardson Independent School District in Dallas, Texas.
As General Counsel for both commercial and residential community associations, Ms. Biletnikoff:
- Works with condominium and homeowners’ associations to draft amended and restated governing documents, including in complex multi-condominium situations;
- Dispenses legal and practical advice regarding day-to-day disputes between community associations, owners, and developers;
- Prepares contracts, addendums and modifications and assists in contractual negotiation and contractual dispute resolution;
- Represents associations in dispute resolution, alternative dispute resolution (mediation and arbitration), litigation matters;
- Gives legal advice regarding requirements of the governing documents and the laws regarding elections, financial operations, insurance, assessment collection and maintenance, repair and replacement; and
- Prepares clients for elections, meetings of the Board/members.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Ms. Biletnikoff is a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar. She is a frequent lecturer on community association law and has spoken on the topics of collection of assessments, effective covenant enforcement, emotional support animals and best association practices.
- Ms. Biletnikoff is an active member of the Community Association Institute and serves on its Education Committee where she is a frequent lecturer on all aspects of community association law.
- Ms. Biletnikoff is an active member of the Bonita Springs High School Booster Club.
- In her spare time, Ms. Biletnikoff enjoys refinishing antique furniture, watching football, reading and spending time at her sons’ sporting events.
- Best Lawyers in America for Community Association Law, 2022